The functions of Flood Forecast Monitoring (FFM) Directorate of Central Water Commission are:
1. Nodal Directorate for flood forecast related matter.
2. Monitoring of flood forecasting in the country.
3. Operation of Central Flood Control Room (CFCR) during monsoon season on 24X7 basis as per MHAStandard Operating Procedure.
4. Collection & compilation of flood forecast data from field offices of CWC and preparation/issue of Daily flood bulletins during monsoon season.
5. Coordination with Field Offices of CWC regarding flood situation and flood forecasting.
6. Preparation of Annual Flood Forecasting Appraisal Reports.
7. Matters related to installation, operation and maintenance of Wireless/Telemetry network of CWC.
8. Operation and maintenance of Video Conferencing facility linked with NDMA and States on flood matters.
9. Liaison with India Meteorological Department (IMD).